Friday, June 22, 2012

Excuses

Alright...I am a major blog slacker.  I admit it.  I still have a goal to post more often, but we have been super busy lately!  So here are my excuses:

1.  We have been doing a major home improvement project that has taken up pretty much all of our free time.  It included:
  • Hanging all new baseboards and casing upstairs
  • Mudding, caulking, and painting the new trim
  • Sanding, priming, and painting the window and door frames (which took FOREVER! They were a pain!)
  • Sanding, priming and painting the doors
  • Installing new hardware on all the doors
  • And painting a few rooms
   Yeah...like I said, lots of work!  We still have some work to do to get it finished up, but it is looking awesome!

2. After we got started on this huge project, we found out that I was pregnant!!  We have wanted a baby for a while and couldn't be more excited about it!!  But after working all day then coming home and working on the house (when I wasn't too exhausted) the last thing I felt like doing was blogging :)  I am about 16 1/2 weeks along and am due December 4th.  Here are a few pictures of my growing belly (This is for you, Grandma!):















3.  My last reason for being a slacker is that my parents have been visiting for the past week and a half and we have been having all sorts of fun!  I'll be doing a post about our adventures soon (possibly a few posts because I have LOTS of pictures!).

So there you have it!  I don't know about you, but I feel like these are pretty good excuses :)  BUT I promise that I will have posts about our project and my parents visit soon!  {.....hopefully....}



5 comments:

Mandy said...

You look so cute! Hope you're feeling good!

HollBurd said...

Congrats Heather and Clint! We're so excited for you. I love the belly shots :) For some reason, when I was prego with Azalea, I was obsessed with pictures of pregnant bellies. So cute. Hope you are feeling okay. Can't wait to find out what you're having.

Julie Allred said...

Yea! A baby-bump! How cute! Hope the trip with your folks was lots of fun. I heard you went lots of great places. And isn't it nice to get all those house projects done! Love you!

Mikki said...

You are beautiful, so glad to finally see your baby bump Can't wait for more be sure and keep them coming so I can follow your progress Do you have any names picked out yet? Love Grandma eose

Julie said...

I can attest to the fact that your house looks awesome! That hard work is paying off! Cute baby bump. I can't believe how much you grew in just the time we were there. We had a great time, thanks for pitting up with us! Love you!