Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Adventures With Mom and Dad, Part III

We got back from our trip through Nauvoo and Missouri on Monday evening.
On Tuesday Clint had to go back to work (frown) and the rest of us headed to Sioux Falls for the day!  My parents wanted to help us get some baby stuff while they were here so we went to Babies R Us.  What a fun store!  I want to go back there when I find out what we're having :)  Anyway, we were able to find a car seat and stroller that I liked!  It's funny, because I know we're having a baby, but every time I see the car seat I'm like, "Whoa...we're actually having a baby!"  Haha :)
Anyway, while we were in Sioux Falls, we obviously had to go see the falls!  Can you tell it was really windy??
 We also hit up Panera and Red Mango while we were there.  Mmmm!

On Wednesday we hung around here, and while my dad did some work, my mom helped me paint our bedroom.  Unfortunately as we were painting we realized that they had given us the wrong color of paint!  Urgh!  Very frustrating.  (Fortunately Clint and I were able to go back and they gave us the right paint.  Clint got it painted on Saturday and it looks awesome!).  That night we went to Sioux City and did some more shopping.

On Thursday my dad had some more work to do, so my mom and I headed to Omaha.  We went to the Mormon Trail Center and then to the Henry Doorly Zoo!  The zoo is HUGE and we didn't have time to see all of it.  I wish we had, cause what we saw was awesome!  A lot of their exhibits are indoors so they are actually open year round.  Here are pictures from The Jungle:
 It was so cool!  You almost feel like you are actually in the jungle.  It's amazing how they did the whole thing. After that we headed over to see the lions and tigers.  The pictures of the lions sleeping crack me up!  Especially the top one :)
That was all we had time to see, but it was worth it!  I definitely want to go back and see everything else sometime though.  Next we headed to Old Market.  I've mentioned this place before, but it is basically a few blocks in downtown Omaha where the streets are lined with all kinds of restaurants and shops.  Very fun!

Then my parents had to leave on Friday morning :(  It was so fun having them here!  We were able to do a lot, but it still felt like we didn't have enough time.  Isn't that always how it goes?

Thanks for coming to visit Mom and Dad!  We had a blast!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Thanks for having us! We had a great time- makes me miss you more though :(
Love you!

Mandy said...

Is that lion's tongue hanging out of it's mouth? Hilarious!