Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Don't Tell The Kids Smoothie

My friend recently let me borrow a smoothie recipe book from her. I copied a bunch of the recipes that sounded good and now I have big plans to try LOTS of new smoothies! I thought that I would share some with you, in case you're interested :) So this is the first one we tried:

The Ingredients:
1 c. orange juice
4 broccoli florets
1 c. stemmed spinach
1 orange, peeled and separated
1 apple, cored and quartered
The Directions:
Combine all ingredients in blender with several ice cubes and blend until creamy.

The result:
The reaction:

UGHH!

I personally did NOT care for this smoothie. The broccoli flavor really stood out to me and I felt like it kinda had a weird texture. Clint, however, DID like it. He said he would much rather drink this than eat the vegetables on their own, which may be true for a lot of people. SO, even though I didn't like it, I will still recommend it to you. Who knows? You might like it :)

**Random side note: Clint asked, "Is this the 'Don't Tell The Kids Smoothie." I told him that it was, to which he replied, "I think they'll know." So true!**

2 comments:

Julie said...

I'm a huge fan of raw veggies and fruit but I'm not sure about the whole mixing them together part. Clint, you are so funny!

HollBurd said...

I just have to tell you that I made a kale smoothie the other day and I wanted to vomit. I made myself choke it down as a stubborn effort NOT to let the kale get the best of me!